Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Goodbye Joe :'(

After a morning of traditional Japanese music performed by Mr. Baisho Matsumoto and his wife, I returned to my room for a short rest before going back to doin date entry on the computer. Then, the sad news broke. Joseph Fernandez passed away at noon in the Bright Vision Hospital where he had been staying for the past 8 months.

Joe is very special to us because he is the first resident when Singapore Cheshire Home opened its doors on 23rd Dec 1957. He was 21 then, an orphan with cerebral palsy. Unable to talk but able to understand good simple English, he was helpful and did a lot to help out during the early days of the Home when staff was really limited. He had helped me too during my school days, waiting early every morning outside my room to push me out to catch a cab to school. He's so fun and cute and loves taking pictures. He has a cheeky grin and we often teased each other with monkey faces. I'm gonna miss him.

Those we love never really go away, they are in our hearts everyday...

No comments:

Post a Comment