Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Out shopping, a visit missed.

Went shopping with my sister Mary for things to put in a hamper. Mary is good at doing hampers besides being good at doing a hunred other things. We are giving the hamper to a doctor friend who is taking us out for dinner come Saturday, 27th. Dr. Yvonne Soong have known the older residents for donkey years. I only come to know her through Mary. She's been giving us free consultation.


It's fun doing shopping with Mary coz she has all the ideas of what to get. I don't have to stress my brain cells thinking about the right choice:-) My job is to jot down and calculate the prices and make suggestions to buy some things that looks yummily good. It's been such a long time since I really shop with Mary. It brought back memories of those years when I was serving as chairman of the Residents' Committee, we had to do Christmas gift shopping for 6o over residents. I was lucky to have Mary's help and a few good volunteer friends who bore with us patiently.


Returning home, I found a little gift atop a plastic container with a rolled-up leaf in it. Gan had came while I was out. A check through my cell phone revealed several sms-es I had missed. Gan had left me little gifts he got from Cameron Highlands and a hawk moth pupa in a rolled-up leaf to ignite my desire to go caterpillar hunting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment