Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day and Growing Old

I feel old when I'm tired out and weak. I mean really really old. I'd imagine myself to be a 90 year old lady and tried to feel less frustrated at my weakness. Then also I could empathise with old people and offer up my feelings to God for them and for my old Grandma at home. Grandma is close to 90 now. Thank God she's still able to walk, though a little unsteadily.
Today the thought of getting older had not crossed my mind. Today I turned forty one and felt good, young and energetic. Yet eminently today I stumbled upon passages and verses that set me to think and remind me not to think that age is a bothering factor. Ha ha ha! First the Our Daily Bread reading for today "Too Old?" stared me in my face. The Bible passage reading come from Genesis 17:15-22. God was telling Abraham to expect a son by Sarah, his lawful wife. Abraham was then a hundred years old and Sarah was 90. Yet God proved that nothing was too hard for Him. God fulfils every promise He made in His time. When all seem without hope, there is always hope in God and faith in Him will carry us through.
Dee surprised me with a bouquet delivery and a message that goes:
Lizzie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY FRIEND!!!!!
and remember.............."age does not make us childish, as some say; it finds us true children."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
All my love, Dee OOOXXX
I'm not that old, am I!!???
Thank you God for friends that worry and fret lest I think I'm getting too old.

No comments:

Post a Comment