Sunday, January 18, 2009

The cold North wind slackened

My room has always been the stuffiest room. Its windows face east and its door faces west. The winds seldom blow in these two direction. A shelter built for the horticulture behind the room kept out the rain but at the same time blocked off any light breeze that might come in through the windows. But for now, the strong north winds blows steadily and sends its coldness throughout the building.
"Don't know where to sit. Go to the hall also cold, sit in the room also cold, lie down with blanket on the bed also cold!" said Emily, one of the residents. Exactly so. In the night, it is so cold, my toes felt like ice under the coverings.
Today, however, the sun shone harder and the velocity of the wind had slackened a little. It felt good to be out in the sun with the wind blowing. The same feeling I get being outdoor in the summer of 1997 in England. I took the route through the courtyard each time I went to and fro my room.
My roommate said it is a day to laze. As it turned out, I couldn't do much work on the computer. I spent the morning spring-cleaning my room with help from a student volunteer. In the afternoon I was not seated properly and tired out quickly trying to use both hands to type. I spent the evening writing out my CNY greeting cards with Lan Mui helping me and confiding in me. I prayed with her before she turn to bed. After that, Elaine called to say she is coming over with James to pick up two pieces of wooden ramps.

No comments:

Post a Comment